Jarir Q4 net profit up 2pc on higher sales
Riyadh, January 9, 2011
Saudi-based office supplies and electronics retailer Jarir Marketing Co's quarterly net profit rose two percent on higher sales of electronics, the company said on Sunday.
Jarir made 103.7 million riyals ($27.7 million) in the three months ending December 30 compared to 103.5 million riyals during the same period a year earlier, the firm said in a bourse statement.
"The reason for higher sales in the fourth quarter and the whole year is the increase in smart phone sales and computer sales as well as other electronic equipment," the firm said.
Fourth quarter sales reached 811.8 million riyals, up 12 percent from the same period a year earlier while annual sales increased by 18 percent to three billion riyals.
The company's annual profit for 2010 grew by 7.2 percent to 401 million riyals, missing its own expectations of a rise of at least 15 percent in 2010 after it opened new stores.
Jarir said last year it planned to expand the number of its stores to between 40-45 stores by the end of 2013 with a goal of increasing sales to close to a billion riyals in 2012. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait