LG wins 9 red dot design awards
Manama, January 24, 2011
LG Electronics, a global leader in consumer electronics and home appliances, has won the acclaimed red dot design awards for nine of its products at the recent IF (International Forum) Design Award in Hannover.
LG was honoured for the ninth year in a row at the IF Design Award, which saw participation from 43 countries with more than 2,700 products.
The award winning products included Nano Full LED 3D TV, a front loading washing machine and LED lighting.
LG was also honored with the red dot: grand prix for its reusable eco-package design. Only six out of the total of 6,369 entries received this exclusive award from the red dot jurors.
The design was noted for using eco-friendly and recyclable materials as well as for its high versatility -- the packaging can be reused as a photo frame or a pencil stand, among other purposes.
“Design has been a part of LG’s DNA since our founding and being recognized with these prestigious awards year after year is testament that we must be doing something right,” said H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf. “But looking good has never been enough for us. What really makes products beautiful is how they improve customers’ lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector