LG wins 9 red dot design awards
Manama, January 24, 2011
LG Electronics, a global leader in consumer electronics and home appliances, has won the acclaimed red dot design awards for nine of its products at the recent IF (International Forum) Design Award in Hannover.
LG was honoured for the ninth year in a row at the IF Design Award, which saw participation from 43 countries with more than 2,700 products.
The award winning products included Nano Full LED 3D TV, a front loading washing machine and LED lighting.
LG was also honored with the red dot: grand prix for its reusable eco-package design. Only six out of the total of 6,369 entries received this exclusive award from the red dot jurors.
The design was noted for using eco-friendly and recyclable materials as well as for its high versatility -- the packaging can be reused as a photo frame or a pencil stand, among other purposes.
“Design has been a part of LG’s DNA since our founding and being recognized with these prestigious awards year after year is testament that we must be doing something right,” said H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf. “But looking good has never been enough for us. What really makes products beautiful is how they improve customers’ lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
- Fragrance retailer Arabian Oud ranked 11th
- LuLu in deal to manage Adnoc mall
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series
- NY-style pizzeria to open ME outlets
- Axiom scoops retail award
- Galvanni unveils big DSS promotions
- Batelco offers Samsung Galaxy S4 4G LTE