DDE holds polished diamond auction
Dubai, February 2, 2011
The Dubai Diamond Exchange (DDE), a subsidiary of Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) and a leading global diamond trading platform, recently hosted the first polished diamond auction of its type in the region.
The event was held at the iconic Almas Tower and organised by Diasqua DMCC (Diasqua), a diamond trading company specialising in polished diamonds and a registered member of the DDE.
The event, which attracted over 130 attendees from 60 diamond-registered companies, sold over $7.2 million in polished diamonds at auction.
The auction was exclusively for polished diamonds of various sizes and qualities with the largest diamond being 21 carats in weight. In total, 34,000 carats of diamonds were sold on the day.
Diamond dealers, suppliers and manufacturers from countries such as India, Belgium, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand took part in the event.
DDE has played a significant role in facilitating diamond trade through Dubai, with total diamond trade volumes increasing to $16.3 billion in the first half of 2010, up from $7.6 billion in the first half of 2009, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector