Kate's dress to go on sale in Bahrain
Manama, February 13, 2011
A dress worn by future British Princess Kate Middleton is set to go on sale in Bahrain.
Stocks of the white belted outfit, sold by British high street store Reiss, flew off the shelves days after Prince William's bride-to-be was pictured wearing it in official Royal engagement photographs last December.
It will now be available in the Middle Eastern market in a re-release of the Reiss Spring/Summer 2011 collection.
Reiss stores in Bahrain, under the franchise of Al Rashid Group (ARG), have been allocated just 15 dresses.
They will start taking orders when their advertising campaign starts within the next week.
'This dress received a huge response in the UK, so much so that it was impossible to find it in any British store,' said ARG marketing manager Zafar Ali.
'We aim to have a cut-out and a write-up of the dress in the store and expect a huge public demand.'
It is not known how much the white Nannette dress will cost in Bahrain, but it has sold for up to £179 (BD110) on trading website e-Bay.
The speed of sales echoes that of the dress Middleton wore on the official announcement of her engagement to Prince William on November 16.
The navy blue outfit, by Brazilian fashion line Issa London, reportedly sold out within 24 hours.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE