New fashion chain eyes ME region
Manama, February 15, 2011
George Davies, the man who founded the NEXT fashion chain and then gave his name to George at Asda, is to launch a new children's fashion chain in the Middle East.
'I have had the chance to get back to basics and really think about the client and the customer - which is why I originally got into the retail business in the first place,' he said.
'The way I feel now is how I felt when I created NEXT and hence why it is my passion to make the shopping experience fun and easy once again.'
His new brand, FG4, is set to open 120 new stores early this year in target areas such as Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Egypt and Kazakhstan.
This move to the Middle East will represent the first time he has launched an entirely new retail chain overseas.
'Over the last six months I have spent a tremendous amount of time in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia,' he added.
'I have the greatest respect for the culture and out of all of the brands that I have built, have found FG4 the most exciting.
'The response to online social media has been out of this world.
'Launching the FG4 brand has opened many doors to a new retail experience and I have high hopes for the success of it.'
The first store will open today in the Riyadh Gallery and a further nine stores will open the following day in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
All stores will be more than 1,000 square feet and will continue to be set in prime retail locations.
Further to this, many more stores will be opening on a weekly basis, which will result in 50 stores being open across Saudi Arabia.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait