Samsung launches ‘smart TV’
Dubai, March 9, 2011
Samsung Gulf Electronics, a leading brand in consumer electronics, recently launched its Smart TV concept, which is said to offer a new home entertainment experience.
The brands’ line of Smart TVs feature smart technologies that take the whole TV experience to the next level, with Internet@TV, a statement said.
Samsung’s application engine provides a totally new experience of Internet through TV with a user interface.
The Samsung Apps store brings a variety of applications that include engaging with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter or streaming movies live from the Web from sites such as YouTube or Daily motion.
Through the “AllShare” feature, users can also create a wireless DLNA network among all Samsung-compatible digital devices, including mobile phones, notebooks and digital cameras, the statement said.
Movies, pictures and music can be shared to expand entertainment mediums anywhere without having to switch devices. The Smart TV series also support ConnectShare, which allows users to enjoy multi-media movies, music or photos directly on their TV by connecting USB memory or portable HDD using plug-and-play technology.
“Smart is the future of TV; with the extraordinary designs and imaging technology as well as connectivity and energy saving features, the Smart LED TVs will bring an unprecedented high-definition home imaging experience to homes across the Middle East,” said Justin Shaw, general manager, AV division, Samsung Gulf Electronics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store