Lexmark wins red dot award for printer
Dubai, March 23, 2011
Lexmark, a leading provider of printing and imaging solutions, has won the red dot design award for its new printer in the computer and IT category.
The Genesis S815 is a four-in-one inkjet printer, which can copy, scan, fax and email at the touch of a button. It has an innovative vertical design and can scan documents faster than any other inkjet on the market today, a statement said.
It was one of the products that stood out from over 4,400 products entered in various categories for review from approximately 1,700 companies across 60 different countries worldwide, all competing to have their products recognised by red dot, the statement added.
The award is judged by an international panel of experts according to a number of criteria including degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics, quality, ecological compatibility, durability, symbolic and emotional content, and product periphery.
“The red dot is a well-known and highly-prized design award,” said Mohammed Addarrat, general manager Lexmark International Middle East.
“Recognition by the expert jury shows that Genesis is an outstanding product, not only in regards to its innovative technology but also its leading edge design,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain