Al-Futtaim inks Nokia partnership deal
Dubai, April 10, 2011
Al-Futtaim Computer Software Products Company (AFCOMP), a unit of Al-Futtaim group, said it has entered into a partnership agreement with Nokia to supply mobile phones to key domestic retailers in the UAE.
Vishesh Bhatia, president of New Strategic Growth Group, Al-Futtaim Group and Chris Braam, vice president at Nokia Middle East and Africa signed an agreement in this regard.
Bhatia said, 'Nokia continues to be people’s choice in the mobile phone category and with smartphone penetration expected to grow by a healthy 11 per cent over the next three years in the UAE, its latest feature-rich smartphones will dominate this segment.'
Nokia, he said, was driving transformation and growth of the converging Internet and communications industries giving customers especially in the UAE, an opportunity 'to be part of more than 1.3 billion people who connect to one another with a Nokia device – from mobile phones to advanced smartphones.'
Industry estimates put the demand for mobile handsets at 5 million annually in the UAE and mobile phone sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of five percent through to 2015, Bhatia added.
Anil Sharma, who will head the new business unit for Al-Futtaim, said AFCOMP had strong business fundamentals, efficient processes and a professional team with established credentials.
We are confident it will be able to deliver tangible value to the key domestic retailers and drive the Nokia business forward in the UAE,” said the AFCOMP official.
Commenting on the deal, Braam said: 'Nokia’s mission is simple – We connect people to what matters most to them and this agreement demonstrates our strong commitment to our UAE customers through that mission statement.'
'The core principles of Al-Futtaim group of quality, reliability and integrity are values which are also reflected in Nokia. We are confident of AFCOMP’s ability to deliver value to UAE customers and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.'
As per the deal, AFCOMP will supply the full range of mobiles phones including the latest feature-rich smartphones such as the Nokia E7, C7 and N8, he added.
The anouncement follows the earlier partnership agreement between Techserve, an Al-Futtaim group company, and Nokia to act as its Care Centre partner in the UAE.
The Care Centre offers not only repair assistance, but also support for Nokia services including the Nokia Ovi Store, Nokia Music Store and, Nokia Mail for Exchange, as also Nokia Messaging.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ