Canon brings its latest IXUS camera to ME
Dubai, April 12, 2011
Canon has launched the IXUS 220 HS, an elegant compact digital camera that blends classic IXUS design with leading performance.
The new model is the latest in a line of premium, ultra-slim IXUS models, and balances greater style with a more advanced specification than ever before, a statement said.
Canon’s HS System provides consistently high image quality in all conditions, while the inclusion of a 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor provides high-speed shooting functionality, it said.
The IXUS 220 HS comes with a 24mm ultra-wide angle 5x optical zoom lens in a sleek, stainless steel body which is 19.5mm thin, making it the slimmest camera of its kind.
The ability to shoot Full HD (1080p) videos with stereo sound also allows users to capture moving images in stunning quality.
The IXUS 220 HS is the latest IXUS to feature the HS System – an optimised combination of a high-sensitivity image sensor and powerful DIGIC 4 processing technology. Incorporating a back-illuminated CMOS sensor, the HS System lowers noise levels by up to 60 per cent at all ISO speeds, allowing users to capture beautiful, high quality images with less noise and blur – even in low light.
The IXUS 220 HS offers users exceptional shooting flexibility, with its Canon ultra-wide angle 24mm lens with 5x optical zoom and a highly-effective optical Image Stabilizer. Providing greater framing versatility, the lens allows users to fit even more into a frame at the wide end of the lens, and to reach more distant subjects with the 5x optical zoom.
A large, high quality 6.7 cm (2.7') PureColor II G LCD is perfect for image framing, playback and menu navigation.
Despite its slim design, the IXUS 220 HS is packed with a vast range of features. The smallest Canon compact camera ever to feature Full HD video capture, the new model shoots stunning 1920x1080p at 24frames per second (fps) with stereo sound, capturing special moments in rich clarity. Users can utilise the optical zoom to reach distant subjects during video capture, and Canon’s Dynamic optical Image Stabilizer counteracts picture shake commonly recorded when the user is moving and recording at the same time, helping to produce smoother, sharper footage. A dedicated Movie Record Button makes switching from stills to video instant so no action is ever missed.
Ideal for users who just want to point and shoot, the IXUS 220 HS features Canon’s latest Smart Auto mode. Designed to make it easy for anyone to capture great-quality shots, Smart Auto evaluates each shooting situation against multiple factors and selects the optimum settings from 32 variables, capturing the perfect picture. All the photographer needs to do is focus on framing the shot – Smart Auto takes care of everything else.
Smart Auto features Face Detection Technology and the latest Advanced Subject Detection technology, allowing the camera to identify and lock onto human faces, or onto moving objects such as pets or vehicles within a scene. Once identified, Servo AF/AE keeps the main subject in focus and well-exposed, right up until the shutter release is fully pressed and the image captured.
i-Contrast and Smart Flash Exposure functions within Smart Auto also ensure subjects are captured in the best possible detail, reducing the occurrence of harsh shadows and over-exposed highlights.
The IXUS 220 HS features high-speed shooting modes for capturing fast-moving action. High-speed Burst mode shoots still images at up to 8.0 shots/sec. in 3.0MP, while Continuous shooting mode captures up to 3.4 shots/sec. in full 12.1MP resolution until the memory card is full, so users never miss a moment.
Super Slow Motion Movie mode offers a great way to slow down fast-moving action such as sports, shooting at 240fps at 320x240 and playing back at 1/8 of real speed, providing a dramatic account of action sequences. VGA-quality videos (640x480) are now supported in Super Slow Motion Movie mode, shooting at 120fps with playback at 1/4 of the real speed. A new Movie Digest mode also provides users with a new, interesting way to capture a day’s events.
When set to Movie Digest mode, the IXUS 220 HS will record up to four seconds prior to every still image taken, before joining all clips captured in the same day into a single movie.
For users who want to try out different effects, six creative shooting modes are available to add a different perspective to images. In addition to Miniature Effect, Fish-eye Effect, Super Vivid and Poster Effect, a new Toy Camera Effect gives images the retro feel of pinhole camera photos, while Monochrome creates atmospheric shots with sepia, black & white or other monochromatic tones.
Miniature Effect can be applied to movies as well as still images, recording 1.5, 3 or 6fps in movie mode to create the impression of a time-lapse video of a small-scale model.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector