Motorola, Axiom in distribution pact
Dubai, April 20, 2011
Motorola Mobility has appointed Axiom Telecom as a distributor for the new tablet Motorola Xoom with Wi-Fi edition exclusively across the GCC region.
The partnership will see Axiom Telecom bring the 10.1-inch Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi tablet with Android 3.0 Honeycomb to all Axiom stores across the region on May 6, a statement said. Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi will retail in the GCC from Dh2,699 ($735).
“Motorola Xoom is a truly innovative tablet. Its design, coupled with being the first tablet to have Android 3.0, results in a user experience that is sure to delight consumers in the region,” said Raed Hafez, general manager for Motorola Mobility, Middle East & Africa.
“We are pleased to be partnering with Axiom Telecom to ensure that shoppers receive best in class service and advice in-store,” he added.
Faisal Al Bannai, CEO of Axiom Telecom, said: “Bringing the latest devices first to our consumers has always been our focus at Axiom. We are thrilled to bring the Motorola Xoom to the region and hold a special preview for customers.”
“This is part of Axiom’s long-term business strategy to partner with manufacturers in a way that enables the public to try new devices prior to their launch in the market.”
Motorola Xoom showcases the innovations of the Honeycomb user experience – including widgets, true multi-tasking, browsing, notifications and customisation – on a 10.1-inch widescreen HD display, the statement said.
The tablet features a dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM, as well as the latest Google Mobile services include Google Maps 5.0 with 3D interaction and a user menu in Arabic, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal