Toshiba claims 23pc of UAE notebook market
Dubai, April 27, 2011
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe, has achieved a market share of 22.88 per cent in the notebook category in the UAE during the second half of 2010.
Toshiba also recorded a market share of 18.02 per cent for the mobile computer category in the UAE during 2010, according to the recent market study conducted by GfK Retail and Technology, a leading market research organisation.
“Toshiba continues to be a market leader in terms of product sales and innovation and the market study rationally fortifies our position in the UAE,” said Leon Gifford, UAE & Lebanon country manager, Computer Systems Division, Toshiba Gulf.
“Accordingly, this challenges us to improve our service, further enhance our innovations and expand our market reach in the region in order to strengthen our strategic and competitive advantage,” he added.
Toshiba’s incentive programmes like Sell and Win and Profit for Performance significantly contributed to the impressive sales performance and growth rate of Toshiba, a statement said.
The Sell and Win programme, which is directed at floor sales staff, provides useful sales tools and regular sales and product training and presents them with opportunity to earn rewards. Profit for Performance is a rebate program for retailers and dealers to help them maximise the opportunities presented by Toshiba, thus furthering sales performance and profitability in the UAE, according to the statement.
The market research results also revealed that Toshiba has a relatively high overall growth rate in the retailer field, increasing 8.83 per cent for the year 2010, in comparison with its sale performance on the previous year in the UAE.
“The impressive growth rate percentage means that Toshiba is looking forward to continuous growth in the foreseeable future. Toshiba is confident that it can sustain its market leadership and fare better in the region in terms of sales and innovation,” added Gifford.
The market research also looked into comparison between ultra mobile, tablet PC, portable laptop, netbook, and desktop replacement in terms of sales unit percentage and based on the results, portable laptop is the preferred device in the UAE with an average of 75 per cent in sales unit percentage, followed by netbooks with an average of 254 per cent. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices