Top retail expo set for Dubai launch
Dubai, April 28, 2011
Reed Exhibitions Middle East has joined hands with Popai Arabia to host the region’s premier marketing at-retail, shop fitting and store operations event next month - ArabiaShop - in Dubai.
Popai Arabia, a non-profit organisation dedicated to promotion of the marketing-at-retail industry in the region, said ArabiaShop will run from May 8 to 10, 2012 at Dubai World Trade Centre.
A premier retail industry-focused event, ArabiaShop will facilitate retailers’ access to the latest marketing at-retail, shop fitting, store design, retail operational solutions and provide vendors with a door to the huge retailing market in the Mena and the India region.
It will also create a valuable networking arena for the region’s top buyers and vendors, said Popai Arabia, which has an unrivalled 75 year history of promoting shopper marketing excellence in retail across the globe.
ArabiaShop comprises several complementary elements including:
•An exhibition of the latest innovative products and solutions for marketing at-retail, shop fitting and store operations
•Hosted buyer and VIP programs
•Keynote addresses from industry leaders
•Seminars and workshops
•Outstanding Marketing Achievement (OMA) Awards organized and presented by POPAI Arabia
With a specific focus on marketing at-retail and shop fitting / shop operations and design, ArabiaShop is the essential forum for business for the retail sector, said a sttaement from Reed Exhiobition.
ArabiaShop will focus on the promotion of new products and services, the sharing of industry best practice and the exchange of knowledge and ideas, it added.
The retail market to be serviced by ArabiaShop which includes GCC, North Africa and India, is estimated to be worth $1.25 trillion by 2015, said a top official, citing data.
The Mena region has recently experienced huge growth in both gross domestic product (GDP) and gross lease area (GLA), highlighting the need for ArabiaShop.
The International Monetary Fund forecasts that real GDP growth is set to grow to 4.3 per cent by 2013, while retail sales growth is expected to increase by 5.17 per cent by the end of 2011, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
“We expect ArabiaShop to be hugely successful; it will bring never-before-seen opportunities to big and small players within the region’s retail industry,” said Frederic Theux, President of Reed Exhibitions Middle East. “Retail expansion is booming in this region, and this highlights the need to put people together like this.”
Katia Shirikian, managing director of Popai Arabia, endorsed the organization’s partnership with Reed Exhibitions, and outlined the benefits of attendance at the ArabiaShop event.
“As the marketing at-retail sector’s largest and most vibrant global community, we are proud to partner with Reed Exhibitions for ArabiaShop, which promises to be a great success and become a must attend Shopper Marketing event in the region,” she said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait