Plug-Ins launches iPad 2 in UAE
Dubai, April 28, 2011
Plug-Ins, Al-Futtaim group’s multi-brand consumer electronics retailer, today announced the launch of the popular iPad 2 in the UAE.
The slimmer, trimmer version of the Apple tablet will be on sale at all Plug-Ins stores located at popular shopping destinations including Dubai Festival City, The Dubai Mall, Al-Ghurair City and Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi, it said.
Gaurav Malaviya, business head – Plug-Ins, said: “We are extremely proud to be chosen as the authorised reseller by Apple for the launch the iPad 2 in the UAE. Starting tomorrow at 9 am the popular device will be on sale at all our stores across the UAE.
The iPad 2 Wi-Fi model will retail at Dh2,149 for the 16GB version, Dh2,549 for the 32GB model and Dh2,999 for the 64GB model. The 3G-enabled versions will retail at Dh2,649 for the 16GB, Dh3,099 for 32GB and Dh3,599 for the 64GB version.
The device features a LED backlight 9.7” touch-screen, dual-core Apple A5 1GHz processor and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR. The iPad 2 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor measuring 9.5 by 7.3 by 0.34 inches and weighing 1.3 pounds down from 1.5. The device will also feature front and rear-facing cameras and will be available in white as well as black. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model