Sharaf DG opens first Abu Dhabi outlet
Dubai, May 2, 2011
Sharaf DG has launched its first ‘big box’ store in Abu Dhabi alongside marking six years of operations as the UAE’s largest electronics retailer.
“Our new store is a shining example of what consumers can expect from a Sharaf DG outlet. Located in a high-demand shopping area, the spacious store operates our signature ‘touch and feel display’, which enables consumers to get a hands-on experience of the 14,000 product lines in store. No one else offers this approach to electronics retailing,” stated Nilesh Khalkho, chief executive, Sharaf DG.
Over 40,000 shoppers visited over the 1st three days of launch of this new 30,000 sq ft store located on the second level of ‘I Zone’ in Abu Dhabi Mall. More than 5,000 promotional items were on special offer from leading brands like Samsung, LG, Nikon, Canon, Seagate and Olympus.
The retail giant has planned many new stores for this fiscal year both in Abu Dhabi and in the neighboring emirates.
“2011 marks our sixth year of operations, and already we have 17 stores now in operation across the UAE and Bahrain,” added Yasser Sharaf, MD, Sharaf DG.
“A second store is already lined up to open in Abu Dhabi at Mushrif Mall and we also have plans to cover the untapped markets of Al Ain and Fujairah.”
Sharaf DG spearheaded the launch of the ‘big box’ retail concept in the Middle East when it opened its very first store, at Ibn Batutta Mall in Dubai in 2005.
The store is celebrating its sixth anniversary under the theme ‘Win Every Hour’ with more than 300 LCD TVs to be given away.
Anniversary offers are also available from leading brands such as Samsung, HP, BlackBerry, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic and many more.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal