Dubai malls achieve 'a big success at ATM'
Dubai, May 9, 2011
Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) said major shopping malls and mall owners in Dubai had received an overwhelming response at the recent Arabian Travel Market (ATM) expo.
DEPE, an agency of the Department of Economic Development, played host to Dubai malls and mall owners for the very first time showcasing the emirate’s retail strengths to show visitors at the travel expo.
Leading malls and mall owners represented at the DEPE stand included Dubai Mall, part of Emaar Malls Group; Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates, part of MAF Properties; Mercato, part of the Al Zarooni Group; Dubai Festival City, part of Al Futtaim Group; Dubai Outlet Mall, and the Dubai Shopping Malls Group.
'Hosting malls and mall owners on the stand marks the Establishment’s commitment to supporting and growing the retail and events sectors in Dubai, remarked Laila Suhail, chief executive officer.
“This step reflects our committment to the retail and events sectors, as outlined in our recently announced mandate,” she explained.
On the ATM response, Vishal Mahajan, director of Dubai Outlet Mall, said: “Having successfully been involved in the ATM for the last three years and as the strategic partner of DEPE this year, we know it’s a great opportunity to meet key tourism industry professionals and decision makers, as well as to network with potential business partners and customers, in our efforts to promote Dubai Outlet Mall as the quintessential value shopping destination in the Middle East region.”
Other malls and mall owners were also vocal in their support of their partnerships with the DEPE.
“Mercato has signed a strategic partnership with DEPE this year, topping a very successful relationship since the inauguration of Mercato in 2002,' said Mercato corporate communications manager, Rana Jaser.
'Through ATM this year, we have been given the opportunity to promote our shopping mall to the exhibition visitors, providing a platform to share a mutual vision of supporting the retail sector in Dubai,' Jasser pointed out.
Philip Evans, director of Group Leasing, Al Futtaim Retail Group Real Estate, said, “Since its inception, Dubai Festival City has played a major role in the tourism scene in Dubai and we are delighted to be participating along with other industry players in this exhibition.'
“Dubai Festival City, as a mixed use destination comprising retail, hospitality, education services, automotive complexes, luxury residences all seamlessly connected through 30 kilometres of internal roads, is so unique that it stands out from all other projects in the UAE,' Evans remarked.
The success of this mega community is being replicated in Egypt with Cairo Festival City and Qatar through Doha Festival City, both of which are similar projects”, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store