New HTC smartphone makes UAE debut
Dubai, May 24, 2011
HTC has launched its Desire S smartphone model in the UAE that offers customers 'an exhilarating mix of style and innovation blending stunning design with power and speed.'
Inspired by the HTC Legend smartphone’s aluminum design, the new model has been sculpted out of a single block of aluminum making it feel solid and natural in the hand, while light to carry at 130 grams and measuring just 115 x 59.8 x 11.63 mm, said a company statement.
HTC Desire S is being retailed for Dh2199 ($599) and is now available across all leading retail channels.
"We are very excited the Desire S is now available in the UAE and will be subsequently rolled out across the entire region, supported by an extensive marketing campaign throughout the region with a high focus on print and online initiatives," said Neeraj Seth, regional marketing manager, HTC Mena.
"Developed to bring cutting-edge innovation to its customers in simple and natural ways that just make sense, HTC brings intelligence and innovation to the industry - narrowing the gap between the segment and functional sophistication of the smartphone category," Seth remarked.
"Consumers can expect to see HTC’s latest TV commercial highlighting the Desire S and future scheduled product launches in the coming quarter. The brand TVC will be aired across all Mena markets with additional focus on the UAE, Egypt and Saudi," he added.
According to him, the Desire S offers an exhilarating mix of style, innovation and features that extend people’s mobile experience in ways that feel personal and completely original.
"It is a perfect example of HTC’s mobile innovation and design coupled with dynamic smartphone features. As a successor to the popular awarding-winning HTC Desire, the new model blends stunning design with power and speed," said Mohamed Kais Zribi, Regional Manager, HTC Mena.
With Qualcomm’s new 1GHz Snapdragon MSM8255 processor, the phone offers snappy performance and power, he pointed out.
"A 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and LED flash, it offers dual front and back cameras, High Definition video recording and the 3.7 inch WVGA display presents multimedia content brilliantly, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector