SouqExtra! opens new UAE outlet
Dubai, May 24, 2011
SouqExtra!, a leading chain of community supercenters, has launched its third outlet in the UAE.
The new outlet, in Al Barsha II, is part of a Dh200 million expansion strategy to open more outlets in the UAE over the coming few months – in Fujairah, Ajman and Ras Al Khaimah.
The formal opening also involved special activities arranged for children from the local neighbourhood. Retailers at the centre also offered shoppers a series of special offers and discounts on the inaugural day.
The SouqExtra! Al Barsha 2 outlet marks the next step in the national chain of supercenter’s strategic plan to open 75 outlets across the UAE and the Middle East within the coming 10 years. SouqExtra! opened its first outlet in December 2009, at Ewan Residences, Dubai Investments Park, followed by a second outlet in the Al Buteen area of Al Ain in December 2010.
“We are very excited to have a presence in Al Barsha. The largely residential demographic of the area makes it a perfect fit with our community-focused concept and we are positive it will be very well received,” said Saleh Abdullah Lootah, managing director of SouqExtra!.
The retail and service mix includes outlets of Spinneys Supermarket, Subway, BreadStory and several other service providers such as We Care Pharmacy, Champion Cleaners, Al Hajis Perfumes, among others.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector