SouqExtra! opens new UAE outlet
Dubai, May 24, 2011
SouqExtra!, a leading chain of community supercenters, has launched its third outlet in the UAE.
The new outlet, in Al Barsha II, is part of a Dh200 million expansion strategy to open more outlets in the UAE over the coming few months – in Fujairah, Ajman and Ras Al Khaimah.
The formal opening also involved special activities arranged for children from the local neighbourhood. Retailers at the centre also offered shoppers a series of special offers and discounts on the inaugural day.
The SouqExtra! Al Barsha 2 outlet marks the next step in the national chain of supercenter’s strategic plan to open 75 outlets across the UAE and the Middle East within the coming 10 years. SouqExtra! opened its first outlet in December 2009, at Ewan Residences, Dubai Investments Park, followed by a second outlet in the Al Buteen area of Al Ain in December 2010.
“We are very excited to have a presence in Al Barsha. The largely residential demographic of the area makes it a perfect fit with our community-focused concept and we are positive it will be very well received,” said Saleh Abdullah Lootah, managing director of SouqExtra!.
The retail and service mix includes outlets of Spinneys Supermarket, Subway, BreadStory and several other service providers such as We Care Pharmacy, Champion Cleaners, Al Hajis Perfumes, among others.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off