Dubai opens second Superdry store
London, May 28, 2011
Al Khayyat Investments, a leading UAE-based company that represents more than 200 top international brands, has opened its second Superdry store in Dubai.
Superdry is a popular fashion brand in Europe and US patronised by many leading celebrities including David Beckham, Leonardo DiCaprio, Zac Efron, Kate Winslet and Shakira. It is very popular among youth in the UAE.
Al Khayyat Investments, a Dubai-based family-owned holding company with diverse industry interests, said the new store will be located at Mirdif City Centre.
Clive Stanley, Retail CEO of Al Khayyat Investments, said: “The opening of this store in Mirdif City Centre demonstrates the trust that Superdry enjoys in the UAE market. The brand has witnessed a huge surge in demand in less than a year after signing the franchise agreement with SuperGroup, owner of the Superdry brand.”
“We are proud to say that the store at Mirdif City Centre is on par with the company’s distinguished stores in Europe and USA, which are marked by a unique interior design of rustic finish achieved using real bricks, iron beams and concrete and natural oak.”
Stanley added: “Superdry is a popular brand in Europe and USA. We wanted to bring this success story to the Gulf market. We are confident of success here as the population is young and the purchasing power of consumers is high.
“Through our master franchisee for the UAE, Superdry will be rolled out in several prominent locations in the country.”
Commented Theo Karpathios, CEO of International & Wholesale at SuperGroup: “Concentrating our efforts on quality and style, the Superdry brand is now a formidable player in the international market with more than 70 stores around the globe.'
'Our agreement with Al Khayyat Investments is paying off and we are delighted with the results so far. Our Deira City Centre outlet is witnessing a huge footfall and we expect the same for our Mirdif City Centre outlet,' he noted.
On expansion plans, Stanley said, “Superdry occupies a unique position in the fashion world globally. We have plans in place to boost Superdry local presence by opening stores in major shopping centers across the UAE.”
“Fashion business is rebounding in the UAE, especially since the infrastructure of shopping and retail is way ahead of most of neighboring countries,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal