Sharp ME to focus more on office automation
Dubai, May 30, 2011
Sharp Middle East, the regional unit of the Japan-based technology company, has announced the expansion of its business solutions division (BSD), with an increased focus on office automation solutions for 2011/12.
Sharp is also expanding its key focus markets around the region for its BSD solutions, with a greater breadth of coverage in the Middle East and Africa, a company statement said.
“The business solutions division is at the core of Sharp Middle East’s operations. By growing our BSD team and increasing the number of key markets it operates in, we will quickly work towards reaching our targets outlined for this year, especially in two of our key focus areas – multi function printers (MFPs) and professional displays,” said Tomoo Shimizu, Sharp Middle East’s BSD general manager.
“Our success so far, especially with MFPs, has led us to become a market leader in the segment; however we see there is still much room for growth and improvement.”
The BSD team has expanded from six to 19 people, all working toward driving Sharp’s business solutions, with a further six to be recruited, he added.
The members of the team are all technology professionals with a robust background in office automation, each with around 12-15 years experience in the field.
The core areas for the BSD in 2011 include professional displays which utilise Sharp’s LCD technology to provide businesses with a full range of digital panels and monitors.
Managed print services and document management are at the centre of Sharp’s printing solutions, another key are for the BSD, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range