Saudi designer opens 2nd Toby store
Jeddah, June 13, 2011
Saudi Arabia-based Hatem Alakeel, a fast rising star of the fashion world, is set to open his second Toby boutique in Jeddah.
The designer’s first Toby boutique at Prince Sultan Street gained popularity for his creativity in combining the authenticity of the traditional Saudi thobe with unique touches in line with global fashion trends, a statement said.
“Rethinking the Saudi thobe is an awesome process for me because each time I am facing an ancient heritage from generations past,” said Alakeel.
“However, I believe that things must change in order to survive and the challenge is create a modern new look while retaining the elegant simplicity of the traditional thobe.”
“Previously, the men’s fashion market did not offer enough to satisfy the taste of the sophisticated customers of today and I am happy to say that by meeting their needs I have succeeded in attracting a loyal following ranging across all age groups from young fashion forward Saudis to conservative businessmen who wish to express their personal taste and individuality through wearing something that is unique and daring,” he added.
“I chose to call my boutiques Toby because it is a name that appeals to Arabs and non-Arabs alike and expresses the masculine elegance that I seek to achieve when designing my thobes. It also expresses my aspiration to establish Toby as a premium brand with a chain of boutiques to make my thobes accessible to as many fashion followers as possible,” concluded Alakeel.
Alakeel’s new boutique will open on June 15 at Rowdah Street with the launch event featuring the latest line of Toby apparel including the Toby sports line of gym wear and beach wear. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait