LG rolls out 3D home TV system
Manama, June 14, 2011
LG Electronics has announced the launch of its new 3D home entertainment system in the Middle East.
'LG is opening a new chapter in the development of world TV by bringing Cinema 3D to consumers in the region,' said LG Middle East and Africa president K W Kim.
'It represents the absolute pinnacle of 3D TV entertainment using the very best of recent innovative technology from LG.
'The end result is a superior product that is sure to place us at the forefront of TV markets,' Kim stressed.
More than 3,500 people attended the launch at Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, including Hollywood star Megan Fox.
Fox was in the UAE for the first time for the launch. 'The picture is awesome and the 3D incredible,' she said. 'I can't wait to get one,' she added.
Cinema 3D TVs use LG's patented Film Patterned Retarder (FPR) technology, which the company says enhances the overall viewing experience.
FPR provides a crisp and sharp 3D image when viewed through its lightweight polarised glasses, allowing viewers to watch the very best in 3D entertainment for longer, and in greater comfort.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs