Festival bid to help Bahrain's retail industry
Manama, June 25, 2011
A shopping festival, which aims to boost Bahrain's retail industry and encourage tourists to visit the country, kicks off on Saturday.
The 'Bahrain: One Heart' festival, sponsored by Tamkeen, will be held behind the Bahrain National Stadium in Riffa in a giant tent covering 4,000 sqm.
It is being held under the patronage of BDF Commander-in-Chief Marshal Shaikh Khalifa bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
It will be inaugurated by Minister of State for Defence Affairs Lieutenant General Dr Shaikh Mohammed bin Abdulla Al Khalifa at 5pm today and will be open until 10pm.
Entrance for the public is free and the festival will be open daily from 10am to 12.30pm and 5pm to 10pm. Around 115 companies from Bahrain and up to 55 companies from various GCC countries are taking part in the event, where items on sale include furniture, jewellery, clothing and hardware.
It is being spearheaded by Al Mashhad Trading Company with the aim of spreading a positive message about Bahrain and encourage tourists, said organiser Mohammed Morhaf.
'Over the recent months, there have been no people or no business in Bahrain and this event is to move business along,' he said. 'It is important to see everyone getting involved and send out a message that Bahrain is safe and open for business,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait