Samsung expands smartphone series
Cairo, June 28, 2011
Samsung Electronics, a leading mobile phone provider, has added three new additions to the Galaxy family of Android-powered smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Galaxy Fit and Samsung Galaxy Mini will each offer a unique take on the smartphone experience, a statement said.
The Galaxy Ace caters to the growing base of trendy, sociable young professionals, while the Galaxy Fit offers a device that meets the challenges of busy professionals with an active social life. Comparatively, the Galaxy Mini is a great option for a first smart phone for trendy youngsters, the statement added.
“In expanding the Galaxy family, we wanted to build on the smart features that have already made the Samsung Galaxy such a success globally” said Duke Park, General Manager of Samsung Egypt.
“With the understanding and use of mobile phone technology growing so fast in the Egyptian market, our introduction of these three new devices was only natural. Each phone delivers something different with the idea that each user is an individual and wants their mobile phone experience to be easy and fun,” he added.
The Galaxy Ace offers a premium experience with a 3.5-inch HVGA display on a compact and comfortable handset, in addition to an 800MHz processor, Google voice search and ThinkFree document viewer.
The Galaxy Fit is for the user who wants a device that meets all the challenges of a professional career. With a 3.31-inch QVGA display, the Galaxy Fit features an office viewer, as well as a 5-megapixel camera and music. It is functional and fun with a smooth Web browsing on the go with a 600MHz processor, the statement said.
The Samsung Galaxy mini embodies performance in a compact design, with Google voice actions and Quick Office document viewer, all powered by a 600MHz processor.
Users have access to over 100,000 applications from Android Market and Samsung Apps, while quick communication is enabled via QuickType by SWYPE text input.
The Samsung Galaxy family comes equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity and Social Hub which lets users view their contacts, SNS, IM and email together in an integrated one-page layout, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder