Carrefour to open 30,000 sq ft outlet at DIP
Dubai, June 29, 2011
Dubai Investments Park (DIP), one of the largest integrated business and residential community in the Middle East, has collaborated with retail giant Carrefour to open a 30,000 sq ft hypermarket inside the complex.
Epitomizing the supermarket concept, the French major will be located in DIP-I to serve as a convenient shopping destination for the 100,000-strong DIP community, said a statement from DIP.
The dynamic, fast-moving and exciting hypermarket chain, Carrefour will offer residents a one-stop shopping experience at DIP and is set to be the largest supermarket in the residential community.
The hypermarket is scheduled to open by the end of next year. An additional 10,000 sq ft has also been allotted for a food court in the facility, the statement added.
Omar AlMesmar, general manager, DIP, said: "The arrival of Carrefour further affirms our efforts to provide wide-ranging amenities that facilitate living at DIP and offer a convenient option to meet the everyday requirements of its residents."
"We will continue our efforts to offer dwellers and employees in DIP a better standard of living through convenience and leisure options," he added.
The store will offer approximately 12,000 food and household products. Due to its massive buying power, the chain brings with it a value-for-money proposition for quality commodities. To enhance the shopping experience of its patron, the supermarket will be manned by more than 40 trained professionals.
Stephane Duretz, general manager- Expansion, Carrefour UAE, said: "Carrefour market currently operates 12 stores in Dubai itself with more outlets due to open this year and plans for expansion are huge. In a bid to grow our footprints in the country, the branch in DIP is very important for our expansion strategy."
“The growing community here in DIP is seeking for enhanced shopping experience and Carrefour with its modern supermarket concept focused on freshness, quality, discount and services will naturally meet residents’ requirements and attract them to the DIP new outlet,” he added.
DIP is strategically located within minutes from the Jebel Ali International Airport and provides a self-contained city.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ