Bahrain Trade Fair opens third show
Manama, July 17, 2011
The Bahrain Trade Fair opened its third fair in a series of trade shows with more than 100 retail outlets yesterday (July 17).
The Northern Trade Fair, which will run daily until Thursday, is offering customers everything from food and clothing to jewellery and perfumes and from stationery and electronics to handicrafts and textiles.
It is being held under the patronage of Tamkeen chairman and Economic Development Board chief executive Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa.
It was inaugurated by Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) head Dr Essam Fakhro and Northern Governor Jaffar bin Rajab.
The Bahrain Trade Fair, which has one fair in each of the five governorates, is organised by Tamkeen in partnership with the five governorates and in co-ordination with the BCCI and the Industry and Commerce Ministry.
It aims to support small and medium enterprises as well as productive families.
It comes at a time when businesses can showcase their products in their respective communities before Ramadan and Eid.
Similar fairs will be held in the Central Governorate at the Isa Town Club from Friday to July 27 and the Southern Governorate at the Riffa Club from July 25 to 30.
The Northern Trade Fair will open to the public from 10am to 10pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Givori launches customised iPhone
- Sub-Zero & Wolf store opens in Dubai
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices