BlackBerry tops UAE smartphone market
Dubai, July 18, 2011
More BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphones have been sold in the UAE than any other smartphone during April and May, a statement quoting point-of-sale data by market research agency GfK Retail and Technology said.
The data, released in June 2011, shows a year-on-year sales growth of 62 per cent for the smartphone, said the statement from Research In Motion (RIM), the maker of BlackBerry phones.
The data said that from April 2010 to April 2011, RIM witnessed a year-on-year growth of 53 per cent and from May 2010 to May 2011, RIM witnessed a year-on-year growth of 62 per cent.
The BlackBerry Bold 9780 was ranked UAE’s number one selling smartphone in April and May 2011, it said.
Sandeep Saihgal, managing director for RIM Middle East, said: “The GfK results reflect our ongoing commitment to the UAE market. We not only heavily focused on providing innovative smartphone technology to our BlackBerry users, but also to developing strong relationships with local distributors, carriers and retailers in this market.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance