eXtra launches 1st Saudi retail portal
Al Khobar, July 19, 2011
eXtra, Saudi Arabia’s leading big box consumer electronics and home appliances retailer, has launched its online shopping portal (extrastores.com), the first of its kind in the kingdom.
The new eXtra website offers more than 3,000 products for immediate purchase around the clock, servicing 90 cities within Saudi Arabia. Shoppers living in any of the 19 cities home to physical eXtra stores will receive the added benefit of free delivery and installation.
Customers across Saudi Arabia may choose between home delivery at a time convenient to them or opt to pick-up their purchase at any of the 19 stores kingdom wide.
The launch of this new retail website will offer shoppers a new level of time-saving convenience by giving them the option to compare products and prices and shop from the comfort of their own home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Founded on eXtra’s strategy to provide different sales channels to meet consumer demand, the company has spent two years and approximately SR5 million ($1.33 million) developing the new online portal, a statement said.
“The launch of our e-commerce portal represents the natural next step in the ongoing evolution of eXtra. By capitalizing on the fast growth in online shopping, we’ve prominently positioned ourselves to be the leader of the online shopping experience in the kingdom,” said Mohammad Galal, chief executive officer, United Electronics Company (eXtra).
“We have invested many working hours and created a specialized team to develop this site into an unparalleled user-friendly service.”
“Over the next one to two years, consumers will become increasingly knowledgeable as they have access to greater product information from the internet,” he added.
“To meet this challenge, we will continue to develop our online services to consistently provide the best services for our shoppers. Today we’ve unveiled only the tip of the iceberg – over time, we’ll expand our services to include more cosmetic as well as language options,” Galal concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ