Jacky’s launches gaming competition
Dubai, July 21, 2011
Jacky’s Electronics, a leading consumer electronics retail chain in the UAE, has launched season four of its gaming competition.
Jacky’s Electronics’ Gaming Competition Season 4 will take place from July 27 to 30 at its Mirdif City Centre and Dubai Mall outlets.
Jacky’s Electronics is inviting all video game enthusiasts in the country to take part and play the character Mario via the Mario Kart game.
Sponsored by Nintendo, and in association with ITP.net, participants will battle out one another to win a 32-inch TV and latest edition of Nintendo Wii console with game bundle.
“It has been our tradition for years to stage friendly gaming competitions from PC-based to console-based gaming. The UAE’s gaming community is continuously growing and console-based gaming currently dominates with Wii as one of the most popular products in the market,” said Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer, Jacky’s Electronics.
“Nintendo are one of the pioneers in the gaming console business and the Nintendo Wii was one of those devices that revolutionised gaming. The interactivity that the Wii console brought to gaming has seen the Wii become a device that the whole family can enjoy.”
“The Mario Kart game that we’re using for the competition is one of the most recognisable video games on the Wii platform with its new set of tricks, brand new tracks & arenas and ways to play. The game has gained tremendous fan base even in the UAE due to the worldwide racing feature via the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection that shows regional and worldwide races,” Panjabi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder