BenQ’s MEA sales up 60pc in Q1
Dubai, July 24, 2011
Sales of BenQ projectors in MEA region jumped by nearly 60 per cent in the first quarter of 2011, boosting its market share to 15 per cent, and rising from fourth-place ranking to second-place ranking in the market, said a report.
The Future Source report also cited BenQ as the number one projector brand in Saudi Arabia with a 21 per cent market share and number three in UAE- almost doubling its market share from 9 per cent in the first quarter (Q1) of 2010 to 16 per cent in Q1 2011.
For the second half of 2011, BenQ will be offering an exciting range of new models catering to every audio visual segment, the company revealed at a meeting it hosted for its UAE projector partners in Dubai in collaboration with its authorized distributors Abcom Solutions.
Over 170 key partners from the UAE attended the event, which provided BenQ with an opportunity to extend their appreciation to the partners for their outstanding sales performance.
Special awards were given to selected partners for achieving exceptional UAE sales growth for BenQ projectors during the period 2010- 2011.
“We want to recognize our local partners whose efforts in promoting the brand has enabled us to rank as the number two projector brand in the MEA region and number three projector brand in the UAE in Q1 2011,” said Manish Bakshi, general manager of BenQ for the Middle East and Africa.
“Our aim is to be the number one projector brand in the region through building on our past success and with the continued development of innovative and cost-effective projector technology,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain