Sony launches new Cyber-shot cameras
Dubai, September 5, 2011
Sony has launched two new digital point-and-shoot cameras in its Cyber-shot range, offering DSLR (digital single-lens reflex)-style still photos, full HD videos and 3D images.
Both the Cyber-shot TX55 and the WX30 are equipped with a sensitive 16.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor, which offers ultra-low picture noise even in low light conditions, a statement said.
The cameras also boast the new ‘By Pixel Super Resolution’ technology that boosts zoom range to 10x without quality loss at the image sensor’s maximum resolution (16.2 million pixels).
While the Cyber-shot TX55 holds the distinction of being the world’s thinnest camera with full HD video recording capabilities, the WX30 offers functionalities such as full HD video, Picture Effect and a 3.0-inch touchscreen.
Both Cyber-shot models introduce the brand-new Clear Image Zoom that boosts magnification without lowering pixel count in the final image.
The Cyber-shot TX55, at 12.2mm thickness, is the world’s thinnest camera that captures full HD video clips as well as 16.2 megapixel still images, the statement said.
It also shoots super-detailed panoramas with 42.9 megapixel resolution, 3D Sweep Panorama and 3D Still Image.
The WX30 is a super-compact and sleekly curvaceous camera, which offers full HD video and 3D shooting. It is also the first-ever Cyber-shot WX series model that features a 7.5 cm Xtra Fine LCD wide touch screen.
Making its Cyber-shot debut on the TX55 and WX30, Picture Effect broadens users’ artistic options with an exciting range of in-camera image treatments, eliminating the need for special editing software.
A choice of seven Picture Effect options includes HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Toy Camera, Partial Colour, Pop Colour and Soft High-key.
Both cameras feature a Superior Auto mode which recognises a wide range of shooting situations, adjusting exposure and other settings for more professional-looking images with low noise and high dynamic range.
The Cyber-shot WX30 is compatible with the Party-shot IPT-DS2 docking base, which pans, tilts and zooms the camera as it searches for faces in the room, automatically shooting natural, framed photos. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait