Transguard targets UAE retail sector
Nigel Hall, September 7, 2011
The Transguard Group, an Emirates Group company, is targeting new business within UAE’s retail sector through its facilities management (FM) division, after its Cleaning and Hospitality units won a raft of new contracts.
“These contracts were won in a highly competitive market,” said Nigel Hall, Transguard’s Executive Director of FM Services.
“However, total outsourced facilities management in the UAE is expected to generate increased revenues of up to $8 billion by 2013 and the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry forecasts that Dubai’s retail sector will grow by 5.5 per cent in 2011.”
“Our strategy is to gain a larger share of a robust and growing FM market, particularly in the retail sector,” he added.
The pick of the new contract wins is a three-year agreement with Emaar-owned Dubai Marina Mall, where a 40-strong team will provide full-service cleaning throughout the 36,000 sq m of leasable retail space.
Other significant wins include the Middlesex University campus in Dubai’s Knowledge Village and deployment of a team of 20 housekeepers to the recently-opened five-star Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah.
According to the MasterCard 2011 Worldwide Index of Global Destination Cities, both Abu Dhabi and Dubai report impressive growth rates for inbound tourism this year against 2010 figures, at 15.5 per cent and 17.3 per cent respectively.
“Tourism and retail go hand-in-hand, and the UAE’s commitment to driving inbound visitor numbers is key to creating major business potential as we move forward,” added Hall.
The company has also been awarded a contract for exterior window-cleaning services at the Marina Quays residential development in Dubai and the Park Hyatt hotel in Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector