Toshiba launches glasses-free 3D laptop
Dubai, September 18, 2011
Toshiba Computer Systems Division has launched its first laptop with glasses-free 3D which can play both 2D and 3D simultaneously on one screen.
The Qosmio F750 3D offers customers a totally new 3D experience as the user can watch 3D content in one window and simultaneously browse the web for additional information in another window, a statement said.
The laptop, featuring high-quality DVD 2D to 3D realtime conversion, also opens up fascinating opportunities for professionals such as architects, scientists, product designers and doctors. The Qosmio F750 3D and the non-3D version Qosmio F750 will be available in two colour variations during the third quarter of 2011 in the Middle East.
“The Qosmio F750 3D perfectly demonstrates how Toshiba uses its outstanding expertise in research and development to turn innovative technologies and applications into real products,” said Santosh Varghese, regional general manager, Toshiba Gulf.
“This new showpiece model offers the cutting-edge technology that multimedia enthusiasts and early adopters are looking for,” he said.
Toshiba uses a switchable active lens to separate the two parallax images and to guide them into the left and right eye.
To allow the viewer to vary his or her position in front of the laptop’s display, the Qosmio F750 3D features an HD web camera with face tracking technology, which continualy detects the position of the viewer’s face. This provides a large 3D viewing zone without blind spots. It can easily be connected to any 3D TV via an HDMI cable, a statement from the company said.
The laptop is also embedded with harman and kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet