Asus launches 2 new Blu-ray players
Dubai, September 22, 2011
Asus has launched two complete Blu-ray media player devices that enable accessible and easy to use HD video and audio alongside the widest media format support available in their product class.
The O!Play BDS-500 and BDS-700 includes a variety of added features, such as dual HDMI and USB ports, a custom user friendly interface, smartphone remote control, and gold-plated terminals, a statement said.
Both new models ship with Qdeo video processing to reduce image scatter without adversely affecting sharpness.
Colour and contrast are also improved and optimized for a more lifelike picture and increased viewing immersion. Complete support for Blu-ray Disc ISO and Blu-ray Disc 3D ISO (including menus) is also provided, and precision upscaling of DVDs to HD comes ready right out of the box, the statement said.
The stereo digital-analog converter (DAC) on the BDS-700 puts out SNR 115dB audio, the only device in its class capable of such high clarity and fidelity.
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio standards are offered, with 100 per cent lossless 7.1-channel output that is perfect for movie watching as well as music enjoyment.
Consistent quality over the product’s lifespan is bolstered by the use of gold-plated terminals, which do not age or oxidize as do components shielded by cheaper metals.
The BDS-500 and BDS-700 maintain complete compatibility with 45 popular formats and standards, more than any competing Blu-ray product.
As online-capable media devices, the BDS-500 ships Wi-Fi-ready, while the BDS-700 comes with integrated Wi-Fi.
To ensure true HDMI 1.4 performance, the BDS-700 comes with dual dedicated HDMI outputs, one HDMI 1.4 port for 3D video, and another HDMI 1.3 port for audio. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices