Philips unveils new hair removal system
Manama, October 2, 2011
Philips has launched in Bahrain, in association with business partners Mohammed Fakhroo & Bros, an advanced technology handheld product that removes unwanted hair before it appears.
Philips Lumea uses intense pulsed light (IPL) depilation solution, the latest technology used by the professional beauty industry for hair removal – adapted for use at home.
Philips Lumea brings this technology directly to homes in a safe and easy to use, handheld product that removes unwanted hair before it appears, thus preventing stubble or regrowth.
Gentle pulses of light are applied directly to the hair resulting in the follicle going into a resting phase and shedding naturally.
A simple and gentle treatment once every two weeks prevents new hair from growing back ensuring beautifully smooth skin all year round.
“Philips has been working with leading dermatologists Dr Paul Berretty, Catharina Hospital Eindhoven, the Netherlands and Prof Peter Bjerring, director Mølholm Private Hospital, Denmark, for almost seven years in the field of light based hair removal and these relationships, alongside a real desire to have this product available for home use by consumers has led to the development of Lumea,” said Ozlem Fidanci, general manager and vice president, Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Middle East and Africa.
“With the Bahrain launch of Philips Lumea, women in the country can now use a proven, safe and effective hair removal system from the comfort of their own home.”
“Five adjustable light settings ensure a gentle and optimum treatment across a wide variety of skin tones and hair colours whilst an integrated UV filter and advanced safety controls provide maximum protection for skin,” he added.
Expensive courses of salon laser treatments, painful waxing sessions, short term results and unsightly reactions like in-growing hairs and shaving rashes can now be a thing of the past, he said.
Consulting US dermatologist Vic A Narukar said: “In my practice, patients are always requesting an easier solution for hair removal. I think Lumea is an accessible, easy to use tool that is safe and effective for at-home use.”
Lumea is available in Bahrain at a retail price of BD249 ($660). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ