Dubai set for biggest electronics show
Dubai , October 3, 2011
Dubai is gearing up to welcome more than 100 power retailers and leading technology names at the biggest consumer electronics event, Gitex Shopper, which begins next week.
Unrivalled prices on over 25,000 different up-to-the minute gadgets, bundled deals and an array of exciting competitions has set the stage for the best Gitex Shopper yet, said the organisers Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
The retail extravaganza will be held from October 8 to 15 at Airport Expo Dubai, it added.
With just days to go until the consumer electronics event of the year kicks off, the exhibitors are in the final stages of preparing the biggest ever retail extravaganza in the show’s history, DWTC said in a statement.
The exclusive prices and convenient access to the crème-de-la-creme of technology brands will entice more than 160,000 visitors to the event, it added.
CompuMe, Dell, du, Etisalat, E4U, Emax, HP, Jacky’s Electronics, Jumbo Lenovo, Panasonic, Samsung and Sharaf DG are just a few of the leading brands and retailers who will be present at Gitex Shopper this year.
“Gitex Shopper has enjoyed phenomenal success from its very first edition. Anticipation for this year’s show is at an all-time high with exhibitors planning exceptional deals, and advance ticket sales already reaching record levels,” said Trixee Loh, senior vice president, DWTC.
'Access to Gitex Shopper has never been easier thanks to the free shuttle buses from Rashidiya Metro station and the newly opened Qusais Metro stop on the Green Line,' he noted.
Eager shoppers can register online at www.gitexshopperdubai.com, where they will also go in the draw to win tickets to Gitex Shopper and a JVC Camcorder.
The retail event will offer visitors the chance to win fabulous prizes from Samsung through ‘Shop ‘n‘ Win’ competition and ‘Visit ‘n’ Win’ daily draws.
Consumers also can visit Al Hosani Computer Stand and open one of the locked “Kaspersky” briefcases to win fantastic prizes, said Loh.
'Lucky visitors who find and guess the correct code to open the briefcase will win valuable prizes such as gold bars, laptops, iPads and iPhones.'
Codes will be placed randomly around the stand at Gitex Shopper and can be found inside the 2012 Kaspersky Lab products box available from major retailers across the UAE before the event, he said.
The show will run from 11am to 10pm from Saturday to Wednesday, while the timings on Thursday and Saturday will be 11am to 11pm. On Friday the show opens from 3pm – 11pm.
Tickets have been priced at Dh30 per person and are available at the venue and online through Time Out Tickets and select Enoc/Eppco outlets. Entry is free for children under the age of five, Loh added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector