LG launches mouse scanner at Gitex
Dubai, October 10, 2011
LG Electronics (LG) has launched a mouse with a built-in scanner at the ongoing ICT show Gitex Technology Week in Dubai.
Operating the LSM-100’s scanning function is far more convenient than on conventional scanners, according to a statement.
While holding the Smart Scan button on the left side of the mouse, the user simply swipes the mouse over the material to be scanned. The scanned image can then be saved in a variety of file types – PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PDF, XLS and DOC – or dragged and dropped into the desired application.
The LSM-100 is also equipped with LG’s optical character recognition technology, which converts scanned text into a Microsoft Word document that can then be edited and manipulated as the user sees fit.
The LSM-100 can scan page sizes up to A3, larger than most conventional portable scanners. Additionally, the scanning technology itself has been upgraded to handle faster pass-over rates, meaning that scanning an A3 sheet can be done smoothly and quickly.
The LSM-100 is also a top-end mouse. The laser sensor is accurate and durable, and the stylish design lends itself to easy, smooth motions as well as providing an ergonomic, comfortable grip, the statement said.
It is now available at all leading retail outlets for Dh479 ($130.4), according to the statement.. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs