Sony to recall 1.6 million LCD TVs globally
Tokyo, October 12, 2011
Sony Corp will recall 1.6 million of its Bravia brand LCD televisions worldwide after several incidents of TV sets emitting smoke or parts melting due to faulty components, a company official said on Wednesday.
The 11 incidents all took place in Japan, but the faulty parts may affect TV sets sold around the world, the company said in a news release.
There have been no reports of injuries or of damage to anything other than the televisions, Sony said.
The televisions subject to recall were manufactured in 2007 and 2008 and were mostly sold in Europe and the United States, although some were also sold in Japan and other parts of the world, a Sony spokeswoman said. The company will issue an advisory to customers on its websites and by e-mail. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013
- Dubai retailer MAF plans $5bn investment by 2018
- Intersport opens store in Dammam
- Chinese fair opens in Sharjah