Marks & Spencer opens new outlet
Cairo, October 16, 2011
Marks & Spencer opened a second store in Citystars recently, after the success of its first store which opened late last year, in Dandy Mall.
The new store is situated on the first floor of phase 2 of Citystars, a statement from the leading retail company said.
The inauguration was attended by British ambassador James Watt; president of retail, Al Futtsim Group, Steve Hammett; chairman of Alfa Egypt Trading Company, part of Al Futtaim Group, Ahmed Haroun; international area manager, Marks & Spencer, James Harvey; and head of operations Mena, Bruce bowman; along with high level officials from Al Futtaim Group.
Discussing their latest expansion in the Egyptian market, Hammett said: “Marks & Spencer’s store will offer a gross footage spanning over 1,600 sq m and a mix of retail options including men, women and children’s fashions, accessories, lingerie and beauty items.”
The store will launch with their brand new autumn collection including well known men’s wear brands such as Blue Harbour, North Coast and Autograph as well as a range of women’s wear options for all occasions from casual and leisure to smart. The women’s wear range will also include a global favourite, the Indigo collection and clothes for babies and kids right up to teenage years.
Given the high levels of foot traffic that Citystars brings in on a daily basis, Marks and Spencer’s newest store is expected to generate substantial sales and predicted to be a great success, the statement said.
Marks & Spencer is a global retail chain operating in more than 30 countries around the world. As one of the UK’s leading retailers, over 21 million people visit Marks & Spencer’s UK stores each week. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain