Mall expansion to see 55 new outlets
Dubai, October 19, 2011
The Deira City Centre expansion will see 55 new shopping and dining options, and feature extensive renovations to existing facilities offering visitors a more convenient and enhanced experience.
With majority of the stores now open - and more in the pipeline -, Deira City Centre is celebrating ‘55 new stores to love’, with a series of activities and events, a statement said.
“Deira City Centre has for the last 15 years, been one of Dubai’s leading urban shopping, lifestyle and entertainment destinations,” said Fuad Al Najjar, asset director for Deira City Centre. “Our expansion is creating an enhanced experience for both our loyal customers and new visitors to the mall from new shopping experiences, new amenities and greater accessibility on all fronts.”
New shopping options reflect Deira City Centre’s urban fashion-focus with a mix of high street and on-trend casual brands such as Ted Baker, Tommy Hilfiger, Aeropostale, Fred Perry, American Eagle Outfitters and Marks & Spencer.
Footwear choices are also given a boost with Aldo, Nine West, Charles & Keith, Vincci and Dockers, the statement said.
The mall has also opened Toys ‘R’ Us and has recently announced a 2,000 sq m onsite Fitness First facility, a first for Deira residents. In time for the upcoming Eid, Diwali and festive gift-giving periods, more than 15 specialty gold and jewellery stores will be reopened or added to the centre’s retail mix.
To celebrate the opening of the new stores, Deira City Centre is showcasing its newly expanded offerings with a series of fashion-influenced events and activities, and a chance to win a grand prize shopping spree, it said.
Shoppers who spend a minimum of Dh300 ($82) from October 27 to November 14, at any fashion store will stand a chance to win a shopping spree for Dh50,000 ($13,672).
An added treat is a chance to step into the heels of a model, strike a pose and have a photo taken for a personalised mock cover of Cosmopolitan magazine, it said.
The ‘Be A Cosmo Cover Star’ event will take place from November 10 to 13, when the Deira City Centre stage will be transformed into a fashion photography studio.
In addition to the new stores, the mall’s redevelopment will improve accessibility and traffic flow within the mall. The new Bridge Link that will connect the mall directly to the Dubai Metro will be completed by late November this year, introducing 18 service-oriented retailers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector