Motorola Mobility unveils the new Razr
Dubai, October 25, 2011
Motorola Mobility has unveiled the new ultra-thin and lightweight Motorola Razr, featuring a sculpted, glass screen, diamond-cut aluminum accents, and a 4.3-inch Super Amoled advanced display.
“With the new Motorola Razr we have re-imagined an icon. The Middle East is at the vanguard of design where fashionable customers itch to stay ahead of the latest trends and the new Motorola Razr is a case of perfect smartphone, perfect place, perfect time,” said Spiros Nikolakopoulos, vice president for international retail distribution, Motorola Mobility, during today’s (October 25) Motorola Razr Middle East launch in Dubai.
“Consumers in this region get head-turning design, and an impossibly thin smartphone that they will want to show off to their friends.”
“It’s the most captivating Android smartphone on the hot Middle Eastern scene and I’m confident our savvy Middle Eastern customers will flock to stores to be the first to get their hands on it. It’s thinner than their friend’s smartphone, better looking, and packed with amazing features to empower life and entertain,” continued Nikolakopoulos.
It also sports Kevlar fiber and Corning Gorilla Glass to help the screen stand up to scratches and scrapes. And every part of the Motorola Razr is protected by a splash-guard coating, which even extends to the electrical boards inside, a statement said.
Motorola Razr comes with 1GB of RAM and a dual-core 1.2GHz processor and Android 2.3.5, as well as a preloaded Motorola MotoCast app, giving the power to stream or download content from a home or work computer straight to the device.
It also has a cinematic-quality front-facing 720p HD video camera and 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video capture.
Motorola Razr features government-grade encryption which protects emails, contacts and calendar. Preloaded apps include Smart Actions, which lets automate everyday tasks and enable better battery life.
With the Motorola Razr Work and Play kit, users can plug the device into the HD Multimedia Station to connect to HDTV, speakers and other peripherals for large-screen entertainment.
The new Smart Controller lets you take control of content on the big screen, all while keeping your calls within reach when your phone is docked.
The new Motorola Razr is coming to the Middle East next month, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector