Informatica Qatar to sell Huawei handsets
Doha, October 31, 2011
Informatica Qatar (iQ) has signed an agreement with global ICT solutions provider, Huawei, to be the exclusive distributor and after-sales service provider of the X5 and Ideos and other Huawei mobile phones.
As one of the leading IT consulting firm and technology solutions provider that offers innovative and high-quality systems integration solutions, iQ expects the Huawei mobile phones to gain a strong local following in Qatar.
The Ideos is an Android OS 2.2 (Froyo)-powered mobile phone with a 2.8-inch TFT touch screen display, 3.15 megapixel camera and 4GB memory included. The unit comes with three extra back covers in different colors, and is ideal for heavy users of multimedia, social networking sites, instant messaging and email who want a reasonably-priced phone, a statement from the company said.
The higher-end Huwai X5 runs on Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) with 3D user interface capability. It has a 3.8-inch HD LCD capacitive touch screen, 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, and expandable memory of up to 32GB.
It can deliver data transfer speeds of up to 14.4 Mbps using high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) technology to provide seamless connection, information and entertainment geared especially for the tastes of professionals and tech enthusiasts. Both models are WiFi-enabled and can record video.
“Qatar ranks among the top 10 countries in the world in terms of per-capita cellphone use. Given their rich features, the Huawei Ideos and Huawei X5 definitely have strong potential within this thriving market. We are eager to combine our extensive knowledge of local telephony with Huawei’s proven ICT expertise to unveil these and other top-of-the-line mobile products to Qatar over the next few months,” said Wisam Costandi, general manager, Informatica Qatar.
Informatica offers end-to-end ICT, ELV and telecom solutions, and after-sales support via its two business units, iQ Solutions and iQ Devices. The company is a leading partner of Huawei, the statement said.
Huawei is the second-largest supplier of mobile telecommunications infrastructure equipment in the world. The multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company has a presence in over 140 countries and serves more than a third of the global population, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store