Acer launches latest notebook
Dubai, November 2, 2011
Acer has launched the all-new TravelMate 8481, a notebook which combines top performance with a mix of slim and light design.
The notebook delivers the power required for serious business on-the-go via the 2nd generation Intel Core processors that not only allows to run business productivity applications 60 percent faster than the previous generation, but also delivers smart performance that adapts to the task at hand, enabling more responsive multitasking while ensuring energy efficiency, a statement from the company said.
The Intel HD Graphics 3000 provides an impressive visual performance for sharper images and richer color, while the Intel Wireless Display technology, shares presentations or videos on HD displays or TVs via an easy to set up wireless connection.
The TravelMate 8481 is also available with discreet graphic options. Featuring Nvidia Optimus technology, the Nvidia GPUs boost graphic performance without impacting on battery life. In addition, multi-monitor support takes productivity to the next level, allowing easier multitasking.
In terms of storage, the laptop can be equipped with a standard HDD with up to 320 GB of space and a solid state drive (mSata) with up to 64GB of capacity, a combination that can be used as boot/OS partition to boost the system, the statement said.
The integrated multi-in-1 card reader supporting the most used formats simplifies data sharing and provides more storage options. The notebook can also count on up to 8 GB of advanced DDR3 memory that dramatically increases data bandwidths allowing faster multitasking and lowering power consumption.
The TravelMate can offer up to 9 hours battery life, and features Acer PowerSmart long cycle battery, that ensures up to 3 times longer battery life cycles (1000 vs. 300 cycles) and maintains 80 percent capacity after 1000 cycle count. The battery will last longer, reducing the need to replace it.
It also comes with a 35.6 cm (14.0 inch) Acer ComfyView LCD LED backlit display, with HD (1366x768) resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio offering clear visuals down to the latest detail. The super-slim, frameless display fits into a 13-inch footprint, thus increasing the screen area by 15 percent for enhanced productivity on one side and improved portability on the other. The ultra-thin design – only 2.2 cm (0.87 inches) at its highest point – combines with the ultra-light weight, 1.5 kg (3.306 lbs) with 4-cell battery pack to create an extremely portable system, it said.
Not only does the notebook come with a complete range of reliable connectivity options such as Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, or high-speed wired access via gigabit ethernet, it also offers a fast way to check important information via Acer InstantView, which is a Linux based light OS designed for fast boot up. Starting up in only 8 seconds, it allows launching calendar, document, email, and contacts almost immediately to quickly review information and increase business productivity.
With the USB 3.0 port users can transfer data to and from external devices 10 times faster than before. It also features Power-Off USB Charging technology, which enables charging of smartphones or other USB devices without turning the device on, the statement said.
To keep the system cool, the TravelMate 8481 features the innovative Acer DustDefender technology, designed to prevent the accumulation of dust inside the system. A smart reversing mechanism in the cooling fan can push the dust out.
Acer BioProtection Fingerprint solution featuring pre-booth authentication prevents unauthorised access. It combines with the trusted platform module (TPM) solution to guarantee the integrity of the client platform. TPM also allows secure storage and reporting of security relevant metrics. It also detects changes to previous configurations, it said.
The next generation Acer FineTouch keyboard offers an extra-comfortable typing experience for better productivity. The oversized touchpad offers more precise control and next generation multi-touch permits to perform more functions without switching to the keyboard. Productivity hotkeys are designed to efficiently access frequently-used functions such as microphone mute, backup, InstantView and programmable key.
All Acer notebooks come with a standard 1-year-carry-in (International travellers warranty - ITW) which can be extended to 3 years’ cover with the Acer Advantage service that also covers accidental damage to the notebook, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices