New Carrefour outlet opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 2, 2011
Carrefour has announced the opening of its new 8,800 sq m Hypermarket at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall in Bani Yas area of Abu Dhabi.
This is the fourth Carrefour Hypermarket in Abu Dhabi and the 15th in the country.
The store at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, which covers 13 per cent of the mall's gross leasable area (GLA), is expected to be in particular demand by the population living outside of the main island of Abu Dhabi.
Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (BAS) is the centre of excellence for Bawabat Al Sharq project, the Dh3 billion complete community project developed by Baniyas Investment and Development Company.
Covering nearly 70,000 sq m GLA across two floors, BAS Mall will feature over 220 high profile retail outlets across 339 units of fashion wear, electronics, neighbourhood services shops, accessory outlets, jewellers along with Wanasa Family Entertainment Center, Grand Cinemas, 22 food outlets in the food court and more than 16 restaurants and coffee shops.
Henry Changeux, GCC country head of Carrefour says “When the impressive Bawabat Al Sharq project was developing, it was a natural decision for us to involve Carrefour and have a store in the largest shopping centre of its kind in the Emirate.”
“The Middle East and UAE in particular, continue to be key areas of growth for Carrefour, as we recently demonstrated by bringing the very successful Carrefour Market model to the GCC,' he stated.
'As more people relocate to the region and investment continues, we see a great opportunity to develop our internationally-renowned brand to meet the needs of the local community,' he added.
Commenting on the opening, Wael Tawil, CEO of Baniyas Investment and Development, said: 'Our destination Mall at Bawabat Al Sharq will be the centre of excellence, characterizing a leisure destination in Bani Yas and catering to the many growing needs of the resident-population in the city.'
'We have been very selective in choosing our tenants to provide the perfect tenant mix in BAS Mall. Carrefour perfectly fits our requirements given its enormous capabilities to serve our target customer profile,” he added.
The outlet at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall echoes the model of Carrefour Hypermarkets across the region and focuses on quality, variety and value-for-money.
As well as many well-known brands, a wide variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, electronics, and homeware items are also available in store.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector