Giordano opens 200th Mideast store in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 2, 2011
Leading apparel retailer, Giordano, has opened its 200th store in the Middle East at the Mushrif Mall in Abu Dhabi.
The company, which has been operating in the region for 18 years, is now on track to open 250 stores by 2015, company officials announced today (November 2).
A total of 14 stores opened across the region this year, with the new store in Abu Dhabi and an additional outlet in Kuwait. The company is also expanding rapidly across Saudi Arabia, with 12 stores opened this year, and two more set to launch before the end of the year.
Complementing the retailer’s expansion plan is a large scale refurbishment programme across existing outlets in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia, with investments in new stores and renovations reaching over Dh25 million ($6.83 million) this year, a statement from the company said.
Ishwar Chugani, executive director, Giordano Middle East, said: “We are in full-swing getting our shops closer to our customers across the region. The substantial investments earmarked for this expansion programme seal our commitment to be a leading player in the retail apparel industry not only in the Gulf but also across the Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia and the Asian sub-Continent.”
“Since our first regional store opened in Burjuman in 1993, we have continued to grow and reaching our 200th store landmark this year is an indication of our strength and success in the market. Our growth is all due to valued customers who have continuously supported and trusted our brand and our products,” he said.
This year, Giordano has posted double-digit year-on-year growth as a result of a streamlining of regional operations, and the rollout of high-demand product lines leading to low inventories and strengthened cash flow. “Giordano’s strategy of ‘less is more’ means we focus on the essentials – which provide the right product mix and choices for our customers. We have made it through 18 years in the region and we look forward to many more years to come,” added Chugani. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain