Record sales for LG washing machine
Manama, November 22, 2011
Sales of LG Electronics (LG) 6 Motion washing machines have exceeded more than two million units worldwide since its debut in October 2009.
LG’s 6 Motion Direct Drive washing machines have recorded 2.25 million units in sales, which includes 1.25 million units of its front-loading washing machines as well as one million top-loading units, a statement from the company said.
Enabled by LG’s Inverter Direct Drive technology, the 6 Motion washing machine has won rave reviews. Its unique feature allows for more precise spin speed control and inner drum movements saves energy, time and gets clothes cleaner.
With a range of cycles optimised for different types of fabrics and delivering a wash that is as gentle as it is thorough, LG’s 6 Motion technology goes beyond mere “laundry”, the statement said.
“LG washing machines have gained a reputation as the most innovative appliances in the market today,” said HS Paik, president, LG Gulf. “6 Motion was a breakthrough when we unveiled it in 2009 and continues to lead the industry two years later.”
Due in large part to the popularity of LG’s 6 Motion washing machines, the company posted the best sales figures – in volume and value – for washing machines in 2010, according to figures provided by various market research companies, the statement said.
LG’s front-loading washing machines have been the best-selling front loaders in the world for the past two years, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles