18 stores to open at Metro Link
Dubai, December 1, 2011
Deira City Centre will open 18 new convenience and service-oriented stores in the Metro Link, which starts from the mall entrance by the Dubai Metro station.
The newly constructed Metro Link is part of Deira City Centre’s redevelopment project, which will see a total of 55 new shopping options and enhancements to amenities in the mall with this phase now complete.
With 1,680 sq m of additional retail space, the mall has introduced 18 new stores and services tailored to this location which is in direct access to the Dubai Metro, a statement from the mall authority said.
The Metro Link opening will be celebrated with family entertainment, adding to the festivities this weekend for the 40th UAE National Day and building the festive spirit, the statement said.
Additionally, visitors who shop in the Metro Link from December 8 to 17 will be rewarded for their purchases. Every Dh100 ($27.23) spend at any store in the Metro Link earns the chance to enter the daily draw of Dh5,000 ($1,361).
“Deira City Centre’s redevelopment is ultimately about making the visitor experience a more enjoyable one,” said Fuad Al Najjar, asset director for Deira City Centre. “We experience high traffic from the Dubai Metro so the addition of this new area is ideal for our customers, to take advantage of convenient and practical stores and services, all clustered in a single area for the visitor on-the-go. We’re excited to open the Metro Link as a part of our redevelopment project. This phase of our redevelopment is now complete offering 55 new stores at Deira City Centre.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal