RIM launches white Bold 9900 in Bahrain
Manama, December 7, 2011
Research In Motion (RIM) has launched the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone in a new pure white colour in Bahrain.
The new phone with a thickness of 10.5mm is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers a high performance keyboard and touch display integrated within the iconic BlackBerry Bold design, a statement from the company said.
It also includes built-in support for near field communications (NFC), a new technology that is enabling many new and exciting capabilities, including the ability to make mobile payments, pair with NFC-enabled accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone.
It incorporates the latest operating system, BlackBerry 7, and introduces a next generation BlackBerry browser with a significantly faster, more fluid web browsing experience that is among the best in the industry, the statement said.
The WebKit browser engine together with the powerful hardware enhancements of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 delivers browsing results that are up to 40 percent faster than BlackBerry 6-based smartphones and up to 100 percent faster than BlackBerry 5 based smartphones.
Additional enhancements to this have optimised zooming and panning for smoother web navigation and optimised HTML5 performance for incredible gaming and video experiences, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles