RIM launches white Bold 9900 in Bahrain
Manama, December 7, 2011
Research In Motion (RIM) has launched the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone in a new pure white colour in Bahrain.
The new phone with a thickness of 10.5mm is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers a high performance keyboard and touch display integrated within the iconic BlackBerry Bold design, a statement from the company said.
It also includes built-in support for near field communications (NFC), a new technology that is enabling many new and exciting capabilities, including the ability to make mobile payments, pair with NFC-enabled accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone.
It incorporates the latest operating system, BlackBerry 7, and introduces a next generation BlackBerry browser with a significantly faster, more fluid web browsing experience that is among the best in the industry, the statement said.
The WebKit browser engine together with the powerful hardware enhancements of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 delivers browsing results that are up to 40 percent faster than BlackBerry 6-based smartphones and up to 100 percent faster than BlackBerry 5 based smartphones.
Additional enhancements to this have optimised zooming and panning for smoother web navigation and optimised HTML5 performance for incredible gaming and video experiences, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector