Lexmark, MAF Retail sign strategic deal
Dubai, December 20, 2011
Lexmark International Middle East recently signed an agreement to provide composite printing and imaging solutions for leading regional retail heavyweights Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) Retail across its region-wide network.
The deal covers the nearly 70 Carrefour Hypermarkets & Supermarkets across eight Middle Eastern countries including UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan and the company’s corporate headquarters.
The agreement includes providing all necessary printing and imaging solutions needed by the group’s operations, including printers, cartridges, imaging, recycling and maintenance services in all outlets.
Lexmark Middle East will remove all current products at their end-of-life and replace them with Lexmark devices to meet future requirements of MAF Retail group. All products will be covered under an extended 3-year on-site warranty.
Lexmark will ensure that all toners and cartridges are originals and will work with “MAF Retail” on streamlining their printing and imaging needs.
The deal will see Lexmark working with MAF to devise strategies to optimise their paper-based processes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector