US tablet PC brand Coby launched in UAE
Dubai, December 20, 2011
General Enterprises Company (Geco), a leading consumer electronics and domestic appliances firm, has launched American tablet PC brand in the UAE.
Coby Kyros tablet PC is an innovative and powerful device with features such as the Android operating system, high-speed wireless Internet access, video-sharing capability, 4GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB and accessibility a number of other applications, a statement said.
The tablets are priced between Dh499 ($136) – Dh1299 ($354) and the product is widely available across all the major electronic stores, hyper markets and retail outlets in the UAE, it added.
“The new unit allows users to wirelessly access the Internet through high-speed networking support and features more than a dozen built-in applications, each identified with a different icon,” said Tanvir Hassnain, general manager, Sales and Marketing, Geco.
“Among the included apps are browser for surfing the web, calculator, calendar, email, gallery for viewing and playing movies, music and video player to watch the latest Internet videos, an alarm clock and more.”
Hakim Sarpanch, CEO, Geco, said: “Over the last six decades, Geco has established prestigious franchises for some of the most popular household names in the consumer electronics and domestic appliances industry.”
“Today we are delighted to bring the latest range of tablet PC’s to the market and give consumers an innovative, stylish, feature-rich, affordable and user-friendly option. They truly stand apart as the must-have, priced-right portable entertainment solution for today's on-the-go consumer.”
“Whether browsing the web, reading e-books, watching online videos or having access to thousands of downloadable games and applications, Coby units bring entertainment into the palms of consumers' hands,” he added.
The Coby Kyros tablet offers two unique apps, Aldiko E-book for downloading and reading thousands of e-books, and AppsLib for browsing, downloading and installing apps. A range of themes are available to assist users in customizing the look of their Coby Kyros tablet PC.
The Aldiko E-book app enables users to download and read a wide assortment of books, from free classics to original new releases. Bookmark and search functions let consumers customize the font, size and spacing of the book's text.
Through AppsLib, consumers can download free and paid apps to play games, check the weather, and listen to the radio and more. Among the available app categories are games, multimedia, sports, social, productivity, health and finance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store