MAF gears up for Dubai shopping fest
Dubai, January 3, 2012
Majid Al Futtaim Properties said it is readying its three flagship destinations: Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre and Mirdif City Centre for the season's biggest shopping event - Dubai Shopping Festival 2012.
A supporter since the inaugural DSF 17 years ago, MAF will be a strategic partner for DSF 2012, underscoring its commitment in partnering with the Dubai Events & Promotions Establishment (Depe) to create an unparalleled shopping experience.
With Dh1 million ($272,250) in shopping sprees to be won, family entertainment and an unrivaled offer of more than 1,320 shopping options, MAF shopping malls will be the focal point of festivity this DSF, the company said in a statement.
Starting from January 5 to February 5, shoppers spending a combined total at Dh300 in these MAF malls will get the chance to win weekly shopping sprees worth Dh250,000.
Further adding to the excitement, visitors to each of these three malls this DSF 2012 will be treated to a culturally diverse calendar of entertaining performances and fun activities for the family.
“We are readily anticipating the excitement of the winter shopping season in the New Year - a key trade period in the retail calendar, which will be further enhanced by the fantastic sales, entertainment and festivities from Dubai Shopping Festival 2012,” said Fuad Al Najjar, asset director for Deira City Centre.
“As a long-time key strategic partner of DSF, we’re delighted to support the region’s biggest shopping event of the season,” he added.
Mall of the Emirates is getting ready for the Summer Games with Olympic-themed entertainment highlighted by an Opening and Closing Ceremony, and telling a tale of its evolution since Ancient Greece to the modern, world-class, multinational and cultural spectacle it is today.
Entertainment will take place daily from January 5 to 11 with shows at 6:30pm and 8:30pm on the first day, and 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 8:30pm timings on all other days.
Deira City Centre will create an all-day air of festivity this DSF with world dance performances and activities for kids and parents.
Starting from January 5 to 20, the Centre Stage will take the spotlight with daytime and evening entertainment. During the day, kids can join a creative fashion workshop where budding fashionistas can style up and get their photo taken, said Al Najjar.
'Parents can then download photos as a keepsake from the Deira City Centre Facebook page, and get the chance to win an Dh500 GiftCard daily,' he added.
Underscoring its reputation as a key family entertainment hub, Mirdif City Centre will be featuring two international shows including the acrobatic mastery of The Shaolin Monks Return.
Back by popular demand, these graceful warriors from China will perform new, thrilling martial arts performances. The Shaolin Monks Return shows will run from January 9 – 18 and coincide with Chinese New Year, a key holiday and peak retail opportunity for the mall.
From January 26 – February 4, international favourite and TV series LazyTown performs live in Mirdif City Centre’s main Galleria.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet